Guest Blog Posts
Healing Through Horses by Shannon Knapp (guest blogger for Disabled Veterans National Foundation); July 12, 2016
Heart Of Horse Sense Newsletter....
- Shannon Knapp was a guest on A Mindful Emergence, a weekly radio show that provides an in-depth and informative look into addiction recovery, trauma relief and compassionat self-care. This link takes you to the page for audio files. Shannon's interview is #52: Trauma-Focused Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy. Show aired on December 12, 2016. Link: A Mindful Emergence radio show audio files (select #52)
In the Print Media....
- Helping Veterans Overcome Challenges (The News Record & Sentinel, November 4, 2015)
- Coming Home: Veterans Explore New Ways to Heal (Mount Xpress, October 7-13, 2015)
- Heart of Horse Sense Takes Hands-On Approach in Community (Asheville Citizen Times, August 21, 2015)
- Equine Therapy for Veterans (WLOS News 13, Asheville, NC)
- A Friend for Life: Children First/CIS summer campers at Horse Sense of the Carolinas (March 5, 2014)
- Meet Our Advertisers: Finding the Heart of Horse Sense (WNC Woman, Oct 2014)
- Reining in PTSD with Equestrian Therapy (Veterans Health Admin, Sept 18, 2014)
- What is Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy? (HorseChannel.com, September 19, 2014)
- Equine Therapy Helps Veterans Cope with Trauma (Channel 5, Minn/St. Paul, September 18, 2014)
- Heart of Horse Sense WNC Kids, Veterans (Asheville Citizen Times, August 2, 2014)
- Spotlight on Heart of Horse Sense (The Laurel of Asheville, June 2014; pgs 100-101.)